Create your own drawing and animation software—and learn basic programming and electronics skills at the same time. This five-session video course introduces you to two simple tools: Processing, a programming language for visual thinkers, and Arduino, a hardware platform for working with electronics. You’ll learn how to use these tools together to build something useful right away.
Presented by creativeLIVE in partnership with O’Reilly, each session offers easy-to-follow, hands-on lessons. You don’t need programming or electronics experience to get started. Processing is easy to learn, and you’ll get to know Arduino with a starter kit. It’s a fun and inspiring way for designers, artists, and beginning programmers to learn basic graphics programming.
- Learn to create basic software applications with the Processing language
- Make your own drawing and animation tools
- Create a GUI (Graphical User Interface) to control your software
- Work with an Arduino microcontroller to provide the physical controls for your drawing and animation tools
- Work with Mac OS X, Linux, or a Windows PC with Windows XP or Windows 7